Sunday, January 29, 2012

Premature Celebration . . .

I suppose it was inevitable that I would peak too early. Yes, in the week since I last posted, we are in almost the same exact place. That is to say, the kitchen is essentially done. Which is nothing like being actually done. It's a little like a Disney facade. It looks perfect, but if you get close you see all the things that aren't quite right: The spacing between doors, the scratches that need touching up, the other oh so minor things like the gas not being connected to the stove and the water not running to the fridge. But the silver lining is that I am not paying for it until my ever-growing punch list is complete, so it's to their advantage to finish already! Still, it is fair to say that the big stuff is done (well, the stove and water line are big, I know). We are doing the backsplash this week. My goal was end of January so we have 48 hours. I was so anxious over it we actually lined all the shelves today, even though I can't put anything away. But we are ready! In the meantime, these pictures certainly do suffice:

The long view:



The view into the island area:



The hidden pantry (which was a stroke of genius on my part, if I do say so myself):


The main pantry (and notice the camouflaged pole!):


The very, very, very important wine bar:


Looking over the bar:
 

Another view over the bar: 


Another view of the beautiful range:


Looking into the island/pantry:


OK, that's a lot of pictures, I know. Next post will include the backsplash and hopefully the wine bar fully stocked. And me with a glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment