Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's not all fun and games and vivid fantasies

Well, it was bound to happen. I put the cart before the horse and am now stuck. All my fantasizing may be for naught if we can't remove a wall (or two) that would be a critical part of the project. So now I'm having to slow down, find an engineer/architect and do the very un-sexy stuff. Of course, this just makes me want a kitchen even more; it's like it's playing hard to get. And what's worse is that all my reading and toy shopping has really fanned my kitchen urges. I close my eyes and I can see it: I will perfect Bouillabaise. Zoe and Dylan will sit happily and do homework (even though Dylan is not yet 4 and doesn't have homework), while I make bread (even though I don't eat bread). I will all of a sudden like eggplant. I will even learn to carry a tune as I hum gaily while whipping up a nutritious yet tasty dinner that everyone loves. And the leftovers will be easily stored in my French door fridge! I might even wear an apron!

No comments:

Post a Comment