Sunday, September 18, 2011

In the privacy of my own home . . .

While waiting to determine if the wall can be removed and my fantasies can come to life, I have been trying to resist all temptations. No HGTV, no magazines, nothing. I was going to quit cold turkey. But then Matthew was out of town and late one night, in the privacy of my own home, I thought, "What could it hurt to look at a few websites." So when I was sure the kids were asleep, I did it; cautiously at first, then with abandon as the night wore on. First stop, http://www.kitchenaid.com/. Holy cow I didn't even know they could do some of those things - what's a dishwasher drawer? Is it legal? I was even lusting after their garbage disposals and trash compactors. Talk about useful!

Then I got bolder; or maybe I just felt more experienced. Next stop, http://www.jennair.com/. I can't believe I didn't have to sign an age disclosure before entering. I couldn't even look at the pages for too long, my eyes were burning. The best part: they had an option to order a book! I keep looking every day for the brown-paper-packaged book so I can whisk it off to my bedroom and hide it in my mattress. Something to dream about while I await the word on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment