Monday, November 28, 2011

The thrill is gone

Ahh, how quickly the blush fades off the rose. We are one week into our renovation - or rather demolition - and I already want a divorce. Not from my husband - yet - from the project. First, the good news. While the demolition is taking much, much (how can I say this more clearly - MUCH)  longer than I expected and than I VERY CLEARLY specified with my contractor (is this clear by now?), there are some lovely surprises. Besides the incredibly awesome circa 1940s rooster wallpaper uncovered beneath the tile, the workers discovered hardwood floors - mysteriously matching the other floors - under three layers of tile in the existing kitchen. We (or rather said contractor and I) are convinced with a little sanding and finishing, we don't need to replace the wood floor. So hurrah! We save some money! But you know what that means - something else has to give. Gosh, I wonder what's going to happen next?

1 comment: